Hyperactive children are annoying and usually will get trouble in school, at home and at play. They are very impulsive and bothersome to their playmates, teachers, and classmates. Mostly people will tend to avoid and dislike them. Hyperactivity in children is caused by Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Usually, hyperactive children are hard to control. But, it is very possible for teacher and parents to deal with them successfully. These are a few tips in handling the hyperactive children.
– Impose limitations but with flexibility. The children should learn that you really mean it when you ask them to behave. Little punishment can be applied for misbehavior. But keep gently while doing it. In a few case, the stricter you are the more difficult they are to handle. Especially with ADHD children, it might be helping if you give them some leniency to let them move around when they want to.
– Reduce the sugar consumption in their diet.
– Establish a routine. Structure and consistency will make the children feel more secure to their environment and could suppress their hyperactivity.
– Avoid caffeinated drinks.
– Make a calming environment so they can relax. Hyperactive children, especially with those who have ADD or ADHD, have problem to remain calm in a noisy or busy environment.
– Positive thinking. Children can feel negative thoughts and might react to it aggressively.
– Give lots of time to be creative so they can release their emotional energy and might helping them to lessen their hyperactivity.
– Taught them to take deep breaths if they are become out of control. Deep breaths could relax the body.
– Give them a relaxing massage on their shoulder and temples. Massaging or touching a hyperactive child could relax and calm them.
– Take them out for a walk regularly, it help them to be focus in the mind.
If a child shows uncontrollable hyperactivity, you could take them to a doctor take the test to get a diagnosis for their behavior. Some hyperactive children are taking medications to manage their behavior. Parents could also use the natural remedies such herbal treatment and homeopathic remedies that are effective to lessen hyperactivity for the children.
If none of these fails, you should consult your problem to a health professional.